Some weeks ago, it seemed as if harmattan was making a comeback. The cold and fog in the mornings was a welcome change but after a few days, we are back to this sweltering heat.
Here are 5 tips to keep your skin healthy even in hot and humid weather.
- Moisturize: Yes! I know it’s hot!😓 But you have to keep in as much moisture as possible so your skin doesn’t get dehydrated. The key to achieving a balance is to use a light-weight moisturizer especially if you’ve got oily skin. Invest in a moisturizer that doesn’t feel heavy and/layered which may clog your pores. The quicker the skin absorbs it, the better.
- SPF: You may consider investing in a light-weight moisturizer with SPF 15. With this, you can remain protected from UV rays while avoiding layering sunscreen over your moisturizer, which may feel heavy.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking lots of water will guarantee you multiple visits to the convenience and/or sweating, sure😉! But it will also keep your moisture level stable and your physiological systems in good working condition which in turn translates to your skin.
- Minimal Makeup: If you won’t be spending the most of your day in an air conditioned room, then there’s no point slaying your makeup look😁. Go as minimal as possible: a tinted moisturizer instead of full coverage foundation and mineral powder. Do make sure the moisturizer is tailored to your skin type!
- Cleanse: When you are done for the day, it is important to wash off all grime accumulated. I like to take a warm shower 😋 before engaging in my night-time skin care routine which involves proper cleansing and moisturizing to get my skin rested and ready for a fresh bout of humidity the next day.
Any questions? Feel free to drop your comments below. For more tips on proper skin care, sign up for our newsletter.